Practice placement/opportunity


Opportunity type: Associate

Practice type:

  • Federally Qualified Health Clinic
  • General dentistry
  • Community Health Clinic

Date available from: April 20, 2022

Opportunity and position description:

As part of a team based approach to patient care the General Dentist is responsible for the practice of general dentistry within the standard of care; all matters relating to the operation of an efficient dental unit in delivering quality and cost-effective dental care with a humane approach; and all matters that promote improved dental health for Partnership Community Health Center (PCHC) patients. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: • Thorough and MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: • Graduate of an accredited dental school with a D.D.S., D.M.D., or equivalent degree. • Licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin and free of restrictions. • Certified in BLS and AED and maintain recertification per licensure requirements. current knowledge of the theory, principles and practice of general dentistry. • Current knowledge of the Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 447 and Wisconsin Administration Code – Rules of Dentistry Examining Board, DE 1.01, and all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements related to the practice of dentistry. • Skill in performing required dental procedures. • Ability to guide performance, monitor and evaluate the work of auxiliary dental personnel. • Maintain current knowledge of new developments in dental health care, through continuing education. • Ability to work well under pressure with a diverse population, including staff, providers, patients and members of the public on a regular basis. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Provision of routine and urgent/emergent general dentistry services for patients in accordance with patient’s needs in order to preserve or restore teeth and adequate function. 2. Coordinate the patient’s general health history and status when developing dental treatment plans in collaboration with the patient and/or family. 3. Perform preventive, periodontal, endodontic, restorative and adjunctive dental procedures; order, conduct and interpret diagnostic studies in order to maintain oral health. 4. Prescribe medications in accordance with patient’s clinical needs and health status. 5. Provide oversight and direction to the staff and operations of the dental clinic to assure efficient and quality care. 6. Assist in the orientation and training of new dental staff as directed by the Oral Health Director. 7. Participate in dental health education programs, to improve the ability to make decisions concerning treatment for their present and future dental conditions and to promote self-care. 8. Maintain all required CEU’s and provide all documentation and references required for credential process in a timely manner. 9. Assist in the development of dental policies and procedures. 10. Follow applicable PCHC policies and procedures. 11. Regular attendance required. 12. Perform other duties as assigned. As a full time, employee PCHC offers the following benefits, subject to terms, and conditions and limitations of the applicable polices and plan documents: • Delta Dental-dental insurance, PCHC pays 80% of the premium; employee pays the remaining 20%. • United Healthcare Plan-health insurance, PCHC pays 70% of the premium; employee pays the remaining 30%. • Superior Vision-vision insurance, employee pays 100% of premium. • Standard Insurance-long and short-term disability and life insurance, PCHC pays 100% of the premium on all three products. These are for the employee only and do not cover spouse or dependents. Additional voluntary life insurance is also available with employee paying 100% of premium. • Johnson Financial Group-403(b) retirement fund. Deferrals can begin on hire date. PCHC will also make up to a 4% employer match that will begin the first day of the pay period following 90 days of employment. Employer contributions are subject to a 4-year vesting schedule. • Sun Life Financial Critical Illness and Accident insurance, employee pays 100% of the premium. • Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) professional liability coverage. • Paid Time off • Paid Continuing Education Time and Cost

Additional opportunity information

Number of operatories: 25

Number of active patients:

Patients per month:

New patients per month:

Full-time or part-time: Full time

Hours per Week: 40

Dental health shortage area?: Yes

Website: Website

Contact email:

Organization: Partnership Community Health Center, Inc

Contact name: Maria Jacobson

Daytime phone: 9207506644

Fax: 920-882-2946


Problem with this webpage? Report an accessibility problem | Contact us | Informatics Admin